Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Get Instant Approval for Adsense for Domains

Google is now providing domain parking page hosting.  They put sets of ad links on the page to help monetize your domain name.

This has been around for some time, but I only tried Adsense for Domains this week.  It looks like everyone is automatically approved, though you have to go through an approval process that looks to me like is just Google verifying you have your DNS entries setup properly.

My first domain I tried took some time to get approved.  My second domain was immediately approved.  I edited my DNS settings before I submitted the domain name to Google.  The Google automated verification process was able to verify me on the first try.

You can see an example of Adsense Parking Page.

There are several sets of ad blocks on the parking page.    The domain name is at the top left.  There is a search box under that, and also at the bottom of the page.  (I'm assuming this is monetized through Adsense for Search.)  There is a list of ten normal text links Adsense ads on the left.  There is a graphic banner ad under this (we are at the bottom of the page now) and a 5 x 4 "popular categories" ad block under that.  The top right also has a list of related topics. 

I don't know if it will make money or not.  The domain I purchased cost me a little over $2 for the first year.  I don't have to make much money.  But if I only get a nickle a click, that is about four clicks per month to break even - assuming my labor is free.

No comments: